Family Fishing Day
Wisconsin Governor's Fishing Opener
The NW ITBEC Tourism Committee is proud to present the Family Fishing Day as a part of the Wisconsin Governor's Fishing Opener being held in Washburn County on Saturday, May 7th, 2022. The focus of this event is to inspire the next generation to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
Families are welcome to come out to Shell Lake's Memorial Park (next to Shell Lake Beach) to enjoy a fun day full of family entertainment. Some of the highlights include:
- Learn to Fish Casting with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Minnow Races presented by the Shell Lake Chamber of Commerce
- Make a Fishing Bait/Lure presented by Lakeland Family Resource Center
- Find the Fish Scavenger Hunt presented by Washburn County Tourism Association
- Community Fish Fry sponsored by Molson Coors and the Northwest Wisconsin ITBEC Tourism Committee; prepared by the Shell Lake Lions Club. The Fish Fry runs from 11 a.m. until gone. There is no charge for the meal, but servings are limited so please come early. Donations to the Shell Lake Lions Club for their work preparing the meal are appreciated!
- Build-your-own S'more Station with the Shell Lake Fire Department
- Live Entertainment:
- 10:30-11:30 - Kevin Hall, Magic Maniac
- 11:45-12:45 - Live Music by Dan Schullo
- Family Swag Bags for the first 100 families to check in at the Walleye Statue.
- ...many more family activities!
Saturday, May 7th from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Shell Lake Memorial Park, Highway 63