Get in touch with your inner WILD in Bayfield County
Bayfield County is located at the top of Wisconsin. It’s the 2nd largest county in the state and half of our land is in public ownership, so there are abundant pristine natural resources to enjoy including the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- 962 inland lakes
- 86 miles of Lake Superior Shoreline with access to 22 islands
- 400,000 acres of forest
- 5 waterfalls
- 14 sand beaches
- 600 miles of groomed snowmobile trails
- 160 miles of maintained ATV trails (many open to UTVs)
- 40 hiking trails
- 10 cross-country ski trails
- World-renowned CAMBA mountain bike trails
- WI Lake Superior Scenic Byway
- 26 Orchards & Farms
- 800 miles of paved road for touring and not one stoplight!
Also, there are lots of art galleries, great lodging options and fantastic restaurants, not to mention top notch entertainment at Big Top Chautauqua – the Carnegie Hall of tent shows! And don’t forget our world class events including:
- American Birkebeiner
- Apostle Islands Sled Dog Race
- Bayfield Apple Festival
- Book Across the Bay
- Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival
- Grand View Firehouse 50
- Superior Vistas Bike Tour
and many more!
Reconnect with nature – and each other – in this beautiful area.